East Kilbride Pool League Web Forum Forum Index East Kilbride Pool League Web Forum
The Forum to find East Kilbride pool information (Established February 2004)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2018/19 season

Post new topic   Reply to topic    East Kilbride Pool League Web Forum Forum Index -> General Pool Tournaments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stewartj1
Regular

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:56 pm    Post subject: 2018/19 season Reply with quote

I am planning on taking over the league tournaments next season. I am looking for help off folk in terms of running them and also for giving me ideas for what tournaments people actually want to play in.

I have many ideas in my head right now that I will get out further down the line but just be I want to bounce ideas off folk about what events the ekpl members what to play in

This is what I have in mind anyway. Any comments/improvements or changes would be appreciated.

EK singles - premie event of the year I want to make it first to 10 event.
Over 2 days.

EK doubles- same format as we done this year I think is good over 1 day

1 framer event- at the end of year dance again. Imo best event of the year as literally anyone can won it. Just ask Tommy meldrum last time I ran it.

Random 5 man team event - (Lee Crawford ran this last time in the geeenhills) I think everyone enjoyed the day. All players are put into 5 categories. 1 player from each category to make a team which is drawn on the day. 1 day event.

Xmas 3 man event - my event I have been running for years will become an official league event. Everyone loves this day out.

Best of the rest - need advice on this. My view on it is any player ranked b team standard or below can play in it. The TD decides each players ranking. 1 day event first to 5.

Memorial event - same as what Lee Miller has been running this year. 1 memorial event a year. 1 day event first to 5 or 6.

I want to get a prestige back for entering and winning events in east kilbride. My biggest aim is to get the entry levels up again. I know the demand is thee it's just getting the information out to the league players and getting them to sign up to them. I know once I get people there they will enjoy the day out.

Another plan I had was to give every player who has never played in a league tournament one free entry to an event. Hopefully if they enjoy it it will lead them to play in more events.

Lastly all u21s play for free in any ekpl event.

All your comments would be appreciated as I said. Cheers guys and gals.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    East Kilbride Pool League Web Forum Forum Index -> General Pool Tournaments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: