East Kilbride Pool League Web Forum Forum Index East Kilbride Pool League Web Forum
The Forum to find East Kilbride pool information (Established February 2004)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Oby's "Scotch Trebles Tournament" (10/1/10)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    East Kilbride Pool League Web Forum Forum Index -> Local Tournaments - Ran by M. O'Brien
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oby
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:00 am    Post subject: Oby's "Scotch Trebles Tournament" (10/1/10) Reply with quote

10th January @ The Salmon Leap, East Kilbride.
10 Teams
£40 Per Team
3 Players per team.
Matches first to 8 in Prelims.
Matches first to 8 in Quarters.
Matches first to 4 in Semis.
Matches first to 4 in Final.
Knockout Draw.

The draw was done on Thursday 7th January at the Salmon by M O'Brien, G Leggate, A Mason and I McLean. THANKS GUYS!

Exclamation All players in it will be the players invited to enter the next singles tournament i run. Exclamation

Exclamation THE 3 PLAYERS IN THE WINNING TEAM WILL GET HALF PRICE ENTRY INTO THE NEXT SINGLES EVENT I RUN. Exclamation

Based on 10 teams @ £40
£400 Fund
£180 1st
£120 2nd
£70 3rd
£30 4th (First to 3 frames play off for 3rd/4th

Rules

Code:
Each player plays in each frame, and instead of alternate shots as in scotch doubles, each player plays in turn throughout the frame.

When its a teams turn to break, any of their players can.

When its their turn at the table (after an opponents break or 1st miss any of them can play)

Whover it is that takes the first hit in a frame, the next shot is played by the next alphabetical SURNAME and then the other player and back to the start....

If its two shots, the 2nd visit is not played by the "original striker".

Whover plays last in a visit, the next player alphabetically is due in the next visit in that same frame.

Each new frame sees the order RESET, though you dont need to play the first alphabetical player each frame, though from there on in in that frame you must follow that pattern.

EK Team Captains must have only EKPL Players in their team.

Any out of town CAPTAINS must only have players who have an SPA Ranking and not in the SPA top 64.

IT IS UP TO CAPTAINS TO ENSURE THE OPPOSING TEAM PLAYS IN THE CORRECT ORDER prior to shots being taken - not afterwards!!

All players should be in the venue 15 minutes before their match time!

Team Details

Code:
No. - Captains ---- Team Name ---------- PAID ? -------- PLAYING ORDER (Alphabetical order) ---------

01 -- M O'Brien --- The Entertainers --- PAID ---------- G McNairn --- M O'Brien ---- S Robertson ---

02 -- I McLean ---- The Terminators ---- PAID ---------- K Irving ---- I MacMillan -- I McLean ------

03 -- D MacKinnon - Thunderstruck ------ PAID ---------- B Edmond ---- D MacKinnon -- B Marshall ----

04 -- G Leggate --- Co Stompe and Co. -- PAID ---------- G Leggate --- J Purdie ----- L Robertson ---

05 -- J McCormack - The Trouble Makers - PAID ---------- J McCormack - S McCrimmond - A Russo -------

06 -- J Stewart --- The Three Amigos --- PAID ---------- C Bryden ---- D Farrell ---- J Stewart -----

07 -- A Mason ----- The Edge ----------- PAID ---------- A Campbell -- S Fergie ----- A Mason -------

08 -- M Thom ------ Greenhills Bar ----- PAID ---------- W Grant ----- J McKenna ---- M Thom --------

09 -- M Ferguson -- Murray Spears ------ PAID ---------- M Ferguson -- J Martin ----- K Rankin ------

10 -- J Brownlie -- Monklands ---------- PAID ---------- J Brownlie -- R Hendrie ---- D Orr ---------

Results

Code:
PreLim 1

7 - Thunderstruck
8 - The Terminators

PreLim 2

7 - The Three Amigos
8 - Greenhills Bar

Quarter Final 1

4 - The Edge
8 - Monklands

Quarter Final 2

2 - Murray Spears
8 - The Entertainers

Quarter Final 3

4 - Co Stompe and Co.
8 - The Terminators

Quarter Final 4

8 - The Trouble Makers
6 - Greenhills Bar

Semi Final 1

4 - Monlands
3 - The Entertainers

Semi Final 2

3 - The Terminators
4 - The Trouble Makers

3rd/4th Play-Off

0 - The Entertainers
3 - The Terminators

Final

4 - Monklands
3 - The Trouble Makers

Prize Money
Code:
1st Monklands ----------- £180
2nd The Trouble Makers -- £120
3rd The Terminators ----- £70
4th The Entertainers ---- £30

Thanks
Code:
Thanks to Grant McNairn, Stu Robertson and Lindsay Robertson for their help in the set up of the tables.

Thanks to all captains and players for making this a good event (one i may run in the future, but with a couple of changes...)

Well done to John Brownlie, Ross Hendrie and Darren Orr from Monklands on winning the event. Superb!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    East Kilbride Pool League Web Forum Forum Index -> Local Tournaments - Ran by M. O'Brien All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: